Monday 26 May 2008

Fabric Paper Folio


Finally, have completed a folio using the second piece of Fabric Paper shown in my first posts. Really enjoyed doing it but should probably have been creating my May PC!
Am pleased with the "self covering button" think it worked well. The "inchie" was done using a water sol fabric sandwich with chopped fibres in between, and the three diamond shapes on the flap are painted peices of anaglypta cut out and stitched on.
Fabric shapes on the front are free machine appliqued, the little flowers are cut from painted papers using a "punch" (the sort sold for cardmaking) then stiched on using a tiny washer in the centre.
Free machine cords, felt bead and buttons were used to create the tie.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

sharon young said...

Really lovely, Dot , and a nice explanation too.
I like the muted blues and the little details all add up to a charming piece.

Mandi said...

This is beautiful as always my friend. I can't wait to see this in the flesh. Keep being creative for me whilst i'm away!

Val said...

The devil is in the detail as they say - love it! All those scrumptious little extras are gorgeous Dot - I have a matching pc did you know! Val