Thursday, 24 July 2008
Have printed onto the patchwork pieces from previous post using the same foam stamp blocks used on my last printing binge.
The un-pieced anemone printed fabric was a pink and white check commercial cloth that went into the same dyebath as the pieced one. Am quite pleased with the results. Now what to do with them....
Sunday, 20 July 2008
Wednesday, 16 July 2008
What a title, sounds like a secret code!
The first photo is the ATC i made for a swap within the Yahoo group "Textile Challenge". Fabric paper base, painted using acrylics and stamped. The crown was taken from a larger peice of fabric i made using old bits of lace stitched onto felt then washed with emulsion paint (thanks Val). I then painted the crown silver and the fleur de lise is ..... yes you guessed it, anaglypta! Old habits die hard. Words printed onto stamped paper using a small alphabet stamp set recently purchased.
The second photo shows the first two PCs in my "series" swap with Mandi. I chose anemone's as my source material hence the flurry of printing activity previously. The first (top) is made solely from paper with and thread the second is fabric and thread. I wanted to achieve a similar effect using fabric and paint as i'd achieved using the fabric paper. Lots of layering of colour was the key, just using fabric paints and stamps cut from foam onto my own space dyed fabric.
Now number three...... hmmmm.