Monday 11 May 2009

Absolute Joy



I was incredibly privileged this weekend to enjoy a workshop with Frances Pickering whose work is exquisite. Words fail me in trying to express just how much I enjoyed the two days. She's an amazingly generous, encouraging and inspirational tutor.
This bookmaking workshop was right up my street as I just love making books, all sorts of books and book covers.
The cover was made from pelmet vilene coloured with disperse dyes the flowers were then added using coloured pencils. When satisfied with my result it was given a coat of acrylic wax to seal it. Then detail and decoration was added using handstitching.
Pages were coloured with that wonderful "Brusho" stuff and stitched into place.
So far I've only started to fill one page but my aim is to practice drawing and painting various flowers within the pages in the hope it will all become much easier...

4 comments:

Mandi said...

Wow...it's fantastic....can't wait to have a play at the weekend!!

Val said...

Oh Dot - it's amazing and looks magical!

I'm Deborah said...

Dot, the book looks beautiful. Wish I could hold it and have a good gander! Dxx

Val said...

Just love the new look of your Blog Dot - gorgeous colours...... and the new Header - great!