Saturday 28 March 2009

Fabric is a wondrously varied invention of man.....

....and what pleasure it's given me over the last few weeks. I purchased 2.25 meters of fabric to make my stylish apron and have been using up the "surplus" (plus a retro nightie I'd picked up on my frequent op shop trawls), on the few projects photographed. Having decided that I needed to learn how to put in a zip and never sucessfully achieved it before I thought the opportunity to use Deb's far more logical mind than mine too good an opportunity to miss! So... she worked out the "how", instructed me and voila my little zipped bag was created.
The snap purse, again something that Debbie worked out and I just had the pleasure of making! We'd picked up some rather interesting crocheted lurex purses on a op shop trawl and stripped away the lurex part and re-used the clasp.

The waist apron design was a joint effort and am very pleased with the results.

2 comments:

Mandi said...

Love the little purses!

Val said...

Me too - love the little purse! How many did you 'pick up' - was the crochet lurex absolutely awful?