Continuing my quest to create a "fabric paper" look from fabric alone so decided to piece some commercial print fabrics together, just using gently curved strips. The small piece in the corner and thin strip are what they looked like prior to being dunked in the dyebaths. None of the fabrics had been pre-washed, well i was on a roll! Think that may be why I ended up with a rather patchy look. Now i need to consider the next stage..... printing i think. Am trying to be really disciplined colour wise so I end up with a "stash" of farics that i can use togethe rather than a random "whatever takes your fancy" colour theme. Althought the top piece isn't quite what i had in mind that will teach me to write down previously used colours when dyeing a particular piece!!!
to view the photographs on my blog in a larger format just click on them
After much resistance i've decided to record my creative escapades in the 21st century way. By Blogging! So please be patient because i have very limited IT skills but am looking forward to the challenge....